email@example.com — www.joshkendrick.us — 573-826-0721
I am a bright, self-motivated, and organized software engineer. I’m good at getting up to speed with new methods and technologies, and I’m eager to help your organization succeed.
Engineer 2 || NOV 2018 - Present
- Perform work in all phases of the software engineering cycle; from initial concept through to implementation and deployment to production
- Support a multi-billion dollar business application (ECARS) by maintaining existing functionality while adding new features
Software Engineer || JUN 2017 - NOV 2018
Golang, Kubernetes, Python, Kafka, Protobuf, Java, Spring Boot, Android dev stack
- Scalable Infrastructure Dev and Support:
- WORM - Golang service that sits between clients/front-ends and Kafka. Receives requests, translates them to Protobuf message, places on Kafka, returns responses, etc.
- Kubernetes, etc. - Developing manifests, supporting deployments
- SpatialIO - Python service to receive geospatial data files and process them into PostGIS and/or Geoserver
- Briefly wrote services for Spring Boot, utilized Eureka
- SpatialConnect SDK (Android):
- Briefly aided mobile team in bug-fixing and platform stabilization
Fulcrum Mobile Solutions
Software Engineer || SEP 2014 - JUN 2017
Java, Android, Fabric, Espresso, Retrofit
- Fulcrum (Android):
- Design, implementation, publishing, maintenance: individually responsible for all phases.
- Enhancements include: Many UI upgrades & optimizations, e.g. ‘Material’ modernization.
- Barcode, Audio Fields, In-App Signup, URL Actions, Form Gallery.
- Creation, support of automated tests for application flow, database upgrades, stress testing, model integrity, etc.
Thermopylae Sciences + Technology
Software Engineer || FEB 2013 - SEP 2014
Java, Android, Backend Engineering
- Ubiquity Mobile Solution Suite:
- Added Android Maps component that retrieves, caches, and draws WMS, WMTS, & WFS.
- Created algorithm for tracking and reporting a user’s location; designed to provide the best picture of a device’s route while optimizing battery life and bandwidth.
- Assisted in development of an SDK to allow developers to extend the product.
- iSpatial (Geospatial Web Product):
- Developed a common data access service: connects to multiple data sources (databases, files, etc.), manages data, and provides APIs (geospatially enabled) for retrieving data.
- Primary backend developer: created asynchronous workers for a service-oriented architecture and wrote extensive architecture documentation and developer walkthroughs to aid customers in extending product.
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
Project Scientist || JUL 2009 - FEB 2013
Java, Android, Python, Django, JQuery
- Sole developer of Hermes: a geospatial software solution comprised of a web app, Android app, and Django backend; used to track personnel and report photo-tagged events.
- Provided in-country support to Hermes London 2012 Olympics deployment: ~60 devices with ~16 hour/day usage. Also supported UN General Assemblies and Pan American Games.
|University of Missouri - Columbia
||B. S. Computer Science
||GPA 3.81, Magna Cum Laude